Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fashion Apps

As an iPhone user, I have been happy that the fashion industry has really gotten into sharing more about itself through apps.  In fact, many of the apps on my phone are related to fashion.  Because of this, I would like to share a few of my favorites:


Fashion Network: 
    This one is absolutely fabulous and you can get lost in it for hours.  It allows you to watch full versions of the latest fashion shows from MANY designers and is updated as the seasons change.  A great (and educational) distraction!




Gilt:
    Stemming from the site gilt.com, this app allows Gilt members to access the latest sales right when they become available.  Because Gilt sales are basically first come, first serve, this app is crucial if you're out on the town and want to make sure you check out a certain featured sale for the day (especially if you're on the east coast and the sale hits at noon!).  Or, if you don't intend to buy, it's fun to just see what the latest out there is and what is selling fast or not.  Great way (yet again) to simply study fashion.

Shoe of the Day (Bergdorf Goodman):
    This app is FANTASTIC.  It is so much fun.  Every day, I check to see what the Bergdorf Goodman "Shoe of the Day" is.  The app allows users 24 hours to purchase the shoe.  I always wonder who's buying too because the average price range for the daily shoe is between $600-$2000 (generally closer to the high end).  But it is so much fun to just see each shoe everyday!  I even occasionally "send" the shoes to myself so I can save pictures in my phone and dream :)

Ralph Lauren:
    I really love Ralph Lauren, so I decided to check out their app.  I didn't really expect much (because I didn't know what to expect) and now, really enjoy it.  It not only updates to show the latest lines from the  Ralph Lauren Collection, but it includes backstage images, videos about the collection, and videos about the design house in general.  You enter into the Ralph Lauren world and get swept away.  It's branding at its best!

Twitterrific:
     This isn't technically a "fashion" app, but that's what I use it for.  I created a Twitter account after making this blog and follow almost solely fashion related accounts.  With the touch of a button, I can see the latest news circulating in the fashion industry and even click their links to read more if I am inclined.  






If you have any others you would like to share, please do!  I have checked out some other fashion apps, but these are the only that I consistently use.

Enjoy,
LuLu

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
DC, Washington, United States
A west coast girl on the east coast sharing insights into the fashion and general cultural realm of this place we call earth. Have any pictures or interesting insights you want to share? Email it to popotips@gmail.com, and it may show up on the blog! In fact, let me know if you're interested in being a guest columnist as well!

Twitter

Followers