Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Apologies and Art



My sincerest apologies for not posting in...forever!  I took on a full-time position at an awesome art gallery this summer in the beautiful National Harbor!  The gallery (Art Whino) has consumed much of my time and even though I've been doing fashionable things (such as styling photo shoots for my internship as assistant to the editor in chief of Fashion Fights Poverty's Lookbook) I haven't been taking photos!  It's hard to take a full body photo of myself and I'm not about to ask patrons at the gallery!

Anywho, I'm sharing a couple photos with you of our most recent artists at the gallery.  The above is "Cuca" by Tatiana Suarez of NYC...it rocks!  You've got to come into the gallery to see her other stuff!  I'm around Monday-Friday!

And below is the previous artist, Kelly Castillo of LAI loved the titles of these: "Two Late" for the woman and baby and "Too Late" for just the man.  I sold those to a happy customer :)



So for the next while, I will likely be focusing on doing art critique based posts rather than fashion.  But let's be honest, how closely related is fashion and art?!  Extremely!  Designers are in essence artists and artists aren't unaware of fashion trends as they affect the art world as well!

Cheers to busy summers,
LuLu

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
DC, Washington, United States
A west coast girl on the east coast sharing insights into the fashion and general cultural realm of this place we call earth. Have any pictures or interesting insights you want to share? Email it to popotips@gmail.com, and it may show up on the blog! In fact, let me know if you're interested in being a guest columnist as well!

Twitter

Followers